Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Different Iron Path


So I have never been on a via ferrata in my life, and now I've done two routes within about as many weeks! I made a return visit to Mount Norquay and checked out the Ridgewalker tour, which was of course fabulous, however I did find it to be much more mellow than the Summiteer. If you are unsure if you would like an adventure such as this, I would suggest trying the Ridgewalker as a great introduction to the whole climbing experience. The exposure is minimal, there is only one major feature to tackle, plus it is an amazing way to spend a day and meet some really cool people.


Can you spot the climbers?

The hanging bridge, from below.

Crossing the hanging bridge.


This lovely family was visiting from Missouri!




The views never get old!



The panorama from high up on Norquay is stunning, scaling the Rockies limestone is super fun, and the entire set-up in general is incredibly well done. The Mount Norquay Via Ferrata is one activity that I would highly recommend, if you are looking for something unique to do while visiting the Bow Valley!


Cheers.







No comments: