Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dust in the wind...






Whoa!! What a place! We made it to Hood River - which is absolutely beautiful - mid-afternoon on Monday... and the wind was a howlin'!! Todd got out riding for a few hours, then we scoped out the town and found a place to bunk in for the next 10 days. Tuesday morning, it was a windless 32 degrees C... so we took a quick tour out to Lost Lake, where there are spectacular views of Mount Hood. By the time we returned to town, it was blowing enough for the 17m, so Todd was able to fly the pink tank right until the sun started to set... stellar!!! Today, it is smokin' hot again... and presently not that breezy... but it is forecasted to pick up this afternoon, which seems to be the norm. We are realizing one super-duper bonus about kiteboarding as opposed to climbing... NO ALPINE STARTS!!!! Heh heh heh!! We are free to eat, drink and be merry into the wee hours of the morning, with no danger of oversleeping and messing up our day.


So far, I'm too chicken to join the crowds... but I'm working on my neurosis and trying to talk myself into taking a lesson... I find water alot more intimidating than snow!! But, my camera is attached to me 24/7 and I'm having a great time photographing all the activity!!


Today Todd has promised to try all sorts of tricks, so the next post should have either a) some fantastic big air shots, or b) some fantastic big wipe-out shots...!!


Cheers.

No comments: