Saturday, August 9, 2008

Music and much more...

Oh, what a week it's going to be! We scored tickets to the Tom Petty concert in Edmonton this upcoming Tuesday night... Tom Petty... he's a classic! Then on Wednesday morning, we fly to Vancouver Island to attend Windfest 2008 at Nitinat Lake. Apparently it is a world-class destination for kitesurfing, and the event attracts competitors from places as far away as Europe and Australia. Sometimes I think we're only going because Todd likes to say 'Nitinat' really fast... and he also fits it into that nursery rhyme about 'paddywacks' and 'giving a dog a bone' and 'old men rolling home'... At any rate, it should be a good time. We are meeting up with some friends from Cranbrook who are big-time kiters and have a company that builds custom boards and such - http://www.decossecustoms.com/. I look forward to hanging out with them!
Everything I've read promises that Nitinat will be the party of the summer. And perhaps I'll even get out for a lesson and get up riding myself! So stay tuned; if we get internet service way out there, I'll post throughout the trip.
Cheers!

No comments: