Sunday, May 27, 2018

It's Good To Be Me!


What a great month this has been! Work continues to be more than hectic, but in spite of that, I've spent a couple of weekends in Canmore, and a weekend in Medicine Hat, I've hung out with old friends, and I've made some new ones! And the icing on the cake has been the marvelous weather - it is freaky how summer-like the temps are!

Early morning fog.

A few Sundays back, my scramble plans downgraded into a nice cruisey bike ride. My poor ol' hardtail (which actually is not a bad set of wheels!) has been left unattended in my dusty Canmore parking garage for far too long. Between de-griming the Rocky Mountain-eer and fiddling with my brand new bike pump, it took me about 90 minutes and a desperation you-tube search to clean 'er up and figure out how to fill tires that have Presta-style valves. Oy. At any rate, I ended up having an enjoyable afternoon, sailing along the Canmore trails, soaking up the lovely town views.



I also added a new print to my condo - it is one of my fave photos that I had mounted in a gallery-box.

It's Rock Isle Lake - maybe I should have gone bigger?


The Victoria Day weekend took me south, to see my parents in Medicine Hat. We had a great visit, and I also played my first round of golf in I don't know how long! Eeeeeek!








I met up with Toni and her nephew and we swung our clubs for a leisurely nine holes at the charming little Paradise Valley golf course. And because it just wouldn't be a round of golf in Southern Alberta without seeing one.... a healthy looking bull snake slid across the 16th fairway right before we teed off!

The three-day vacation was a nice treat, but then it was back to the grind for four days of solid chaos. Which brings me to this past weekend, where I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and fresh mountain air with some ladies from a hiking group I've joined.


Ahhhhh, the backroads!










Avalanche debris - wow!




I have been back in Red Deer for less than three hours, and already I'm homesick for Canmore. *SIGH*  But I can't complain.... Life is pretty sweet..... It really is good to be me!

Cheers!







No comments: