Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Awsome Rawson


I've never been to the Kananaskis Lakes, so today I drove out to the Upper Kananaskis Lake day use area to check it out. I hiked up to beautiful Rawson Lake, which is situated beneath the impressive headwall of Mount Sarrail, and by the time I got back to the car, it was 29 degrees C and I had drank almost 2 litres of water! Now I really shouldn't complain about the weather, but in that kind of heat, I am pretty useless. I had big plans to go hike to another lake and/or a lookout, however I was easily swayed from my agenda by the lovely air conditioning of my car!! So instead, I enjoyed the leisurely drive back to Canmore (I ogled Heart Mountain on the way by, but just kept driving!), where a fantastic early evening lightning storm and mega rain ensued.
Tomorrow... the forecast is for more HEAT... so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Something in the shade, perhaps!?
Cheers.

Rawson Lake
Time (car to car): 2 hrs
Distance: 8km (to south end of lake)
Elevation Gain: 300m




No comments: