Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The K7 Christening...

After weeks and weeks and weeks of deliberation about a new camera... and for many reasons that I don't need to bore you with... I decided to stay with my tried and true Pentax. I bought the K7!! Of course I was itching to get out with it, so my friend Jody and I planned a hiking-slash-camera day yesterday. It was awesome!! Here's Jody in her fine photographer form...


The weather kind of crapped out on us... and that's crapped with a capital 'C'... it is mid-July and we got SNOWED ON!! But it was a great day none the less. Since it wasn't sunny, and by that I mean since it was socked in with clouds, we had no choice but to find things on the ground to photograph. Along with the K7 body, I bought a 16-50mm f/2.8 lens, which I am very pleased with. Jody and I had fun finding and naming all sorts of cool little flowers (she's studying to be a Hiking Guide), and even though my new lens is not a macro, the K7's super-fast autofocus and the 16-50's short focus distance let me take some decent close-up shots.

 
 
 

We hiked out the Ribbon Falls trail and made it to within 2km of the falls... and if a blizzard hadn't begun, we may have actually bothered to see the falls... but it was chilly and wet and we turned around and headed back to the parking lot. After cranking the heat and getting all cozy in my car's heated seats, we made a quick side trip to Wedge Pond, and by two o'clock (we started at 6:30am!), it was agreed that we were done for the day.


 
 

I am super happy so far with my new purchase, and of course I love being out walking in the mountains... so even though Mother Nature didn't quite cooperate, it was still better than being at work! Yeah!


Cheers!

2 comments:

Ruby Moberg said...

Cheryle, this camera was definately worth it, although all of the photos you have taken are absolutely beautiful, I can tell you have a new camera for the quality!!

Cheryle said...

Aw, thanks Ruby! How are things? Hope to see you guys soon!
Cheers!