Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One of the best days, EVER!

Crikey!! I am leaving Queenstown (**SIGH**) in about 12 hours, and I must say, I ended my stay in this amazing South Island town with an incredible day! A local (extremely accomplished!) guide took me and Lilly up Single Cone, a peak with a 360 degree vista which was a bit cloudy, but still beautiful, in an eerie kind of way! It was soooo fantastic!

Still frozen in the alpine.

Love, love, LOVE being up high!

Enjoying the views.

Almost at the summit.

Me and Lilly on the summit.

Summit of Single Cone

Looking towards the Crown Range


The best day yet!! Single Cone is in the background.

On the descent.

Amazing vista!

We were up THERE!

Unbeknownst to me, I saved the best til last... This day of alpine climbing was my favorite activity of the entire vacation, hands-down! I wish I had more time, because I would definitely enlist Bruce (Summits Mountain Guiding) to drag me up more peaks - there are so many to choose from in the area and I didn't realize that until it was too late. Maybe next time!

Alright, well tomorrow I head to Christchurch - via the bus... which should be an adventure in its own right, if the driver is anything like the character who drove us from Fox Glacier to Queenstown... hee hee...

Hope all is well with everybody back home! See you soon!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mountains similar to our rockies but maybe not as high but still magnificient nice pics again,,,,have fun,,,love ya ,,,cheerio ,,,dunkster