Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Highlight Alert!


Alright, I do declare..... for me, yesterday was officially the highlight of this trip to Maui! We spent the day on a catamaran and sailed to Lana'i and back. It was nothing short of fabulous, let me tell you! Paragon is the name of the charter company, and they showed us such a fantastic time - huge thanks to Ryan, Arca, and Bekka.


En route to Lana'i
 

 
Spinner dolphins - which I was too busy
watching and not photographing! LOL!
 
We saw multiple schools of spinner dolphins and even a few whales. A place called Manele Bay was where we snorkeled, and then we went ashore for lunch and beach time and exploring.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I highly recommend these guys! Awesome!
 
 
 
On a bluff on Lana'i, with Sweetheart Rock in the background.
 
Woot!
 
The sail back to Lahaina Harbor was so much fun! We were under full main and jib, and I think our speed topped out at around 15kts. The swell was moderately large at times and nobody on the front half of the boat stayed dry! A blue-water swim in the calmest, deepest, most incredibly colored water I've ever been in rounded out the afternoon for us.
 
 
 
 
It was a stellar day on and in the water, but the good times didn't end when we got off the boat.... Last nite was equally as entertaining - we went to a Luau, where we were treated like VIP's! The meal was wicked - traditional Polynesian fare - and the dancing was crazy!
 
 
 
 
I took it easy on the Mai-Tais however, because today we drove the east Maui loop - which is the Road to Hana and beyond. I've done the drive before, but nobody else had, so we piled into the Jeep, rolled back the roof, and put on about 150 of the most winding miles ever.
 
  
 
 Black Sand Beach
 
 
Yippee!
 
 
 
Beyond Hana
 
It has been a fairly action-packed week so far, and tomorrow will be no exception - we are checking out Haleakala - which may very well be my favorite place on the island. I'll be sure to let you know if it is as stunning as I remember!
 
Cheers!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW ! what beautiful and exciting places you people are visiting,,you certanly pack a lot of sights into 1 day,, very nice ,,I see why you like that island so much,,,cheerio for now,,dunkster,,,,