Sunday, March 4, 2018

Local Pow


Well, March roared in like a lion.... Late last week, heavy snowfall warnings and windchill advisories were being issued left and right, plus I had to work on Friday, so I didn't stray too far from home this weekend.

In spite of the weather, I did have a lot of fun doing something that I haven't done in ages - I spent a day at Canyon Ski Resort. Now if you are a competent skier or boarder, I highly recommend using your own gear if at all possible. All of my skis are in Canmore, so it took a few trips back to the rental shop to find some boots that fit and sticks that were somewhat tuned up. But in the end, I was able to fully enjoy the surprisingly great conditions!




Powder day in Red Deer!

Overall, it is an awesome little hill - we are super lucky to have it within minutes of the city!

The rest of this (very short) weekend is being utilized for home improvement projects. Not my home however, but I don't mind helping out by prepping walls for painting and by picking glow-in-the-dark stickers off of ceilings.... Oy....


And then it's back to the serious grind tomorrow. *SIGH* I'm afraid I won't be having three-day weekends for the foreseeable future.... we are at that point at work where it is all hands on deck, for the next few months at least. So I am reminding myself to appreciate the simple things and make the best of my days off that I am around Red Deer.

Cheers!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you can find stuff to do around Red Deer too. you are an ambitious girl and I commend you for that. love love you....mom