Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wind is my friend!















After a few days and several hermit crab races, the weather on Wednesday and Thursday finally co-operated... and Friday was kick ass!!! What a way to end the trip! The group was stoked and everyone left SPI as very happy campers! And yes, I finally got up and riding! How fun! I thrashed around in the crowds a couple of times, flying the schoolbus (a.k.a. the 14m - it is HUGE, slow, and yellow, hence "the schoolbus"), flying the 11m (which I inverted!!??), and flying the 9m... and I was able to figure out the water start on my own. But then the masses of kiters became a little overwhelming for my newbie skills, so I resigned myself to launching/landing duty. On Friday however, in perfect conditions, my favorite instructor Bill from Air Padre took me out on the boat - he had another lesson, and allowed me to come along for the ride. We went way downwind from everyone, and I rode non-stop for almost three hours!! No crowds to deal with or anything... I just concentrated on learning to ride! What a day! It was truly stellar!
Anyway, we packed up Ol' Purple, said our goodbyes, and left SPI early yesterday morning, stopping last night just outside of Amarillo. Today we drove across the Texas Panhandle and the corner of New Mexico, through a wicked snow storm which sent many, many vehicles into the ditches, and we arrived in Pueblo about an hour ago. I'll be hanging around here for the next week, and I'll post about my adventures around the area - if I find any!! Ha ha! Cheers!

2 comments:

heather said...

I am so glad you got good weather to ride, all is well here, I am flying back to PHX tomorrow, back to reality...BOOOOOOO!!!!

Todd Learn said...

Yah! Great work babe. I am so happy you got to ride before we left.