Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The fun continues....

The past couple of days have been totally fun! Well okay, not TOTALLY.... On Sunday, we golfed at what may have been the most evil course on the planet.


Looks can be deceiving! D'oh!!

 

It was greener than green, and it was in a stellar location, however it ripped me to shreds. I'm not kidding. It was the most frustrating round of golf I have ever shown up for. **SIGH** But I hung in there for the entire 18 - since I am in Spain after all - and what I got to do on Monday more than made up for the weekend's whack-f*ck debaucle. Mid-morning yesterday, after a quick coffee, we drove north of Marbella to a groovy place called Refugio Juanar, and from there we hiked up to the top of a neat little mountain called La Concha.


Gnarly terrain on the way up La Concha.

A slightly hazey view.

Approaching the summit.

View from the summit of La Concha.
Unfortunately the entire seaside valley below the ridge was hazey, so none of my pics can even begin to capture the true beauty of the vast views from the peak. And luckily we enjoyed a snack on the summit just before the afternoon clouds rolled in, which virtually whited everything out. In spite of this, the hike was fantastic, covering about 16km with 400m of elevation gain, over some incredible, varied terrain. Awesome!

Since my memory is really great but just short, I have agreed to go golfing again today. I'm in the local coffee shop at the moment, psyching myself up for it as a matter of fact! Hee hee! Oh, I'm sure it won't be all that bad... the sun is shining AGAIN (every day since I've been here!!), and I can certainly think of worse ways to spend a day.


I love all the castles! They're everywhere!

More of the neverending Mediterranean views!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS,,NICE THAT THE WEATHER IS CO-OPERATING,,,NOT MANY MORE DAYS OF VENTURING OUT ,,,WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO RETURN TO THE REAL WORLD,,,,CHEERIO FOR NOW,,,DUNKSTER,,,,,,,