Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lake time!


Twenty eight degrees Celsius - that's what the temps were on Thursday in the Banff area. Can you believe it?? So naturally, Jody, Sheila and I opted to spend the scorcher near a lake!





Breakin' the law, breakin' the law!









The three of us hiked to LM-8 and enjoyed beautiful views of Lake Minnewanka the entire way. And even though the elevation gain/loss is minimal, there are a few steep, exposed scree slopes on the shoreline trail which nearly baked us. However, in the end we all agreed not to complain about the heat, since our summer season is so short-lived and this weather is really a treat!

I'm back at work for the weekend, but I'll be returning to my beloved Canmore on Monday for some more outside time. The forecast continues to be spectacular and I'm looking forward to ticking a few more objectives off of my Rocky Mountain 'to do' list! Can't wait!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My,,you were up early to post this,BUT who would not want to enjoy the lovely clear day in the mountains,,could not read the warning sign,, BEARS snd/or poor trail ?,,anyway just tell the Park wardon'you don't understand ENLISH '..LOL.cheerio for now,,love ya lots ,dunkster....