Monday, July 14, 2014

Peddle peddle peddle!


Oooooh, I'm loving the Legacy Trail! It is the paved bike trail that runs between Canmore and the Bow Valley Parkway, and it is definitely one of the better uses of taxpayers' money for sure.

This morning, Sheila and I hopped on our bikes and rode over to the Rose'n'Crown on Banff Avenue for lunch. We sat on the rooftop patio and enjoyed the sunshine and the mountain views while we scarfed down some food and beverages.



Mmmm, a nice cold drink tasted
SO GOOD in the 28C temps!

The Rose'n'Crown rooftop view - who knew!

We weren't the only ones in town for lunch!

Sheila had to work this afternoon (sorry about her luck!), so we were on a bit of a timeline to get back to Canmore. Otherwise I might have suggested we ride out to the Parkway - I haven't been on that section of the trail yet. Next time perhaps?

The rest of my day flew by as I ran some errands and got myself packed up for hiking tomorrow. Not 100% sure yet what the objective is.... All I know is that a few of us are meeting at 6:30am - no that's not a typo - so that we can get a jump on the heat which is forecasted yet again. Love it!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NEAT place The rose and crown is,,that pathway to Banff seems to be very popular,,have a great day ,,can't wait to see where today takes your group...cheerio for now love ya lots ,,dunkster,,,,