Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ahhhhh, the desert!
































Well I just spent 10 days in the western Arizona desert. Saying it like that doesn't make it sound all that glamorous, but let me tell you, it was non-stop action and adventure! This year, there has been an unusually large amount of moisture, thus the normally dry, brown landscape is flourishing. The copper-rich soil grows some massive saguaros, and many plants which I've not seen with flowers before are healthy looking and in bloom. I stayed with my parents, who are avid quadders... and I sure learned a thing or two from them and their friends! The trails they explore cut through some amazing desert landscape, and I can definitely see how easy it is to get hooked. It was a great trip - we had something planned every day - the time flew by!
Now I'm back in Alberta, just in time for one last blast of winter. Oh well, at least there should be snowkiting for a few more weeks!!
Cheers!

No comments: