Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What did the fish say...

...when he swam into a cement wall?

Answer: "Dam!"

Hee hee!! My little buddy Erik told me that joke, and I thought it was too funny not to share! Erik and his family were in Canmore this past couple of days, and yesterday we made it out to Coral Crag for an outstanding day on limestone slab! What a gem that place is, I tell you! The routes are moderate to moderate-plus in difficulty (meaning mostly in the 10c to 11d range), and they are all very well bolted and were all extremely fun! We pedalled from the Upper Bankhead parking area at Lake Minnewanka, down to Cascade River - a ride on which 5-year-old Erik and his 9-year-old sister Haley did fantastic! Then we stashed our bikes and hiked into the crag, where we climbed, played in the creek, and had a super time!
Today I'm heading back to Red Deer for a few days, then I'll be in Canmore again for a few days, and so on and so on, for the next three weeks. I hope this amazing summer weather continues, because I have a number of things on my 'to do' list and they all involve the great outdoors!
Cheers!

No comments: