Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rincon Radness











After two weeks of intense sun and heat, we enjoyed the moderate temps and rain showers in Puerto Rico today. This morning, we landed in San Juan, bid farewell to our shipmates Peter and Sandy, and drove our rental car to Rincon, where we checked out the gnarly seas and cool surf scene. We are staying at a groovy little place called the Lazy Parrot Inn, and tonite we had what I think was the best meal of the trip at the restaurant here. The landscape along the whole north coast is dense and lush; and San Juan itself looks like a beautiful city. Tomorrow we are going to the Arecibo Observatory to see the world's largest radio telescope. There is an interpretive centre, and Todd is humoring the nerd in me by checking it out. Then hopefully we'll head to Old San Juan later in the afternoon.
**Whew** I am liking the weather here... it is nice to not be sweating profusely, continuously! But I know I should be enjoying it rather than complaining... since a bunch of that chilly white stuff is awaiting my return! Ha ha!!
Cheers!

No comments: