Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

What a lazy day it was today! Unfortunately, my backpacking plans got cancelled yesterday, so I'm hanging out in Canmore, dodging rain clouds and catching up on my sleep!! I did drag my carcass out for a few hours today, up to Cascade Falls (where I got downpoured on and am pretty sure I felt my hair stand on end due to the lightning in the vicinity!) and then over to Cascade Ponds.


When the rain finally let up, I strolled around the ponds until I couldn't stand the mosquitoes anymore. It sure is pretty there, and there are lots of picnic tables and a couple of cook shelters. I didn't know it was such a nice place!



 



Other than that, my day was pretty chill. I'm not sure what I'll get up to tomorrow - depends on the forecast, obviously, which has not been looking that great. I'd love to hike up somewhere above the trees, so I'm crossing my fingers for a sunny day!! Come on, Enviro Can!! Yeah!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure find some unique places to explore ,,keep your feet on SOLID ground and rock,,up on top,,enjoy the rain,,I don't think you will shrink !!,, cheerio,,,dunkster...