Saturday, June 4, 2011

Backroads

However you want to describe it - taking the scenic route, the road less travelled, getting off the beaten path - I like to mix it up once in a while and drive the backroads to my destination. I find it to be less busy, less stressful, and of course way more interesting than following the usual route.

My great friend Mona lives in Linden, so I drove out and picked her up and then she and I spent a fabulous day yesterday touring around the area. We checked out the incredibly pretty Dry Island Buffalo Jump Park, we poked around some random, abandoned road-side farm buildings, and we stopped for yummy mochas and lattes at the Arboretum in Trochu.






 



At the end of it all, I got to enjoy an amazing dinner and an evening of drinks and visiting with fab friends. Thanks again for the hospitality, Mona and Ron! And Mona, I look forward to our next backroads tour!! Yeah!

Cheers!

No comments: