Friday, August 19, 2011

Foiled Again!

Today I was supposed to meet my good friend Ruby and her two awesome kids, Haley and Erik, for a quick hike up to Baldy Pass (down in K-Country). I was soooo looking forward to it, since I haven't seen their smiling faces in quite some time! Well, unbeknownst to me, there is a place of a similar namesake out near Nordegg... and after hanging out at the trailhead along Hwy 40 for nearly an hour beyond our meeting time, I was able to get ahold of said hiking partners, only to find out that they were waiting for me... three hours from where I was waiting for them!! D'OH!!

Somehow our directions got mixed up, and Ruby and the kids went north, and I went south. We didn't ended up getting together after all. Booo! But, since I was already there, I thought I might as well zip up to Baldy Pass anyhow and check it out.


Just a few minutes below the pass, I caught up to some really nice ladies who were out from Calgary for the day. They very kindly invited me to join them, so I did, and I spent an enjoyable afternoon getting to know Loral, Helen and Monica.



Even though the day didn't turn out as planned, it still ended up pretty darn good! The weather was gorgeous and I met some really nice peeps. And Ruby, Haley and Erik... I still hope to catch up with you soon!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DESPITE theconfusion on location it sounds like the daywas not a complete wreck,,,,still nice company and of course nice pics.....cheerio...dunkster....

Anonymous said...

D'oh was right...so sorry again for the mix up!!! Looks like your day turned out great! Thank goodness your an independent, resourceful, patient lady!! Hope to catch up soon, in the same location :) Cheers, Ruby