Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heading south....

Six hours in The Louvre.... and I'm betting we didn't even see a third of the place! Holy moly! The museum is one of the largest in the world and is truly fascinating. Sadly I don't know enough about art history to fully appreciate the bazillions of exhibits... but I still loved every minute of the experience!

The Louvre
 

Inside The Louvre

Painted Ceiling
Sphinx - loved the Egyptian exhibits!
Of course I had to see this one!!
Giant courtyard in the Richelieu wing.
I liked the colors in this one!
Part of the original structure - cool!
I must say, I had the most awesome time in Paris! Wow! And now we are in Spain... We landed in Barcelona late Sunday and began the drive to Fuengirola yesterday. Last night we hung out here:

Parador Alarcon
Yes folks, that's a castle! Built in the 12th century, it's one of the many historic sites which the state has restored and turned into a hotel.


View from the castle.

By mid-afternoon today, we will be in the middle of the sun and fun of the Costa del Sol - I can't wait to ditch the long sleeves and sockies for a t-shirt and sandals! Yeah!

Hope all is well back home!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY INTERESTING ,,SURE IS A LOT OF HISTORY''GREAT PICS,,THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO SHARE,,,HAVE FUN,,LOVE YOU,,,DUNKSTER,,,,,,,