Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving - Desert Style!


In what is turning out to be quite the annual tradition, I headed south last week to celebrate the American Thanksgiving holiday at my Sister's house in Phoenix. What a riot!

The festivities kicked off with Heather and I running in the Mesa Turkey Trot, followed by getting together with several friends for a feast of turkey and all the fixins. And of course we drank waaayyy too much - or at least I did! Oy. We went to an exciting Flames/Coyotes game, and the trip was rounded out by spending a day hiking in the fabulous Sonora Desert. I essentially had to come home to get some rest! LOL!


A little sisterly competition! Heather beat me by one second. D'oh!

I survived! Ran the whole darn way - 10km.

Let the giving of thanks begin!

Can you guess which 'grateful feather' is mine? LOL!


Pretending it was my birthday again.....  I tried this
in Vegas last month, remember? Haha!
(Excuse the language by the way!)



Gila River Arena - super cool!

These two just kept getting me into trouble!


Flames vs Coyotes

Behaving ourselves at the game.

Ready to get some fresh desert air!



Monkey came hiking too!


Lovin' some outside time!


Beautiful desert landscape - what a day!


These neat pools were tucked away in a canyon - pretty!




What a great vista!


Wicked cool saguaros!



I had a fabulous time - thanks so much to Heather and Court for their usual fantastic hospitality! I am so lucky to have very important peeps who live in such a beauty location. Miss you guys!! Look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Cheers!



Love my baby Sista!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures of your trek out into the desert...sounds like the visit was GREAT but too short,,however it appears you time was well utilized,,,thanks for posting the great pics ,,,love ya lots,,cheerio..dunkster,,,,