Monday, February 25, 2019

A Milestone!


Or should I say a kilometre stone..... as in, TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND kilometres! That's right. My trusty ol' 4-Runner just turned over the 200k mark on the odometer, and fitting that it happened while I was enroute to my favorite place - Canmore.



Wow. The Toy is still running like a top, and touch wood has yet to let me down. I'm honestly hoping to get at least another 7 years / 200,000 km of adventure out of it!

Speaking of adventure, there hasn't been much of it this past few weeks, due to the extreme chilliness which has enveloped the land. Brrrrr. So I've been volunteering and pet-sitting and just in general mostly staying indoors. This upcoming weekend should see things turn around however, as I'm planning to rack up a few more k's and head out west for some fat tire biking and snowshoeing.

Lovely Luna!

It appears that I like her, more than she likes me! LOL

It's a dog's life....

Fingers crossed that the cold snap snaps! Or at least slightly cracks..... Can't wait to get outside! Yeah!


Cheers.




Happy me!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

-200,000 kms is the result of regular care and maintenance of you vehicle,,,be very proud of this acheivement,,,,you aklso can travel without worry of breakdowns,,,, we are excited about your upcoming stain glass course,,and creative welding classes,,,good for you,,,love ya lots dunkster,,,,

Anonymous said...

Cheryle congrats on the mileage and performance of your trusty Toyota. Like dad says it is about maintenance, which we know you do dutifully.
Also, I must say Luna is a beautiful dog and I am sure she is a black Lab at least 95% maybe 100&. She has the appearance of one. They are a beautiful animal and I hope she never gets abused.
Enjoy your week-end and be safe.....hope you heard about the grizzly that was awoken from his den in the Kananaskis(?)by some cross country skiers.
Love you
mom

Cheryle said...

Yes, Luna is a beauty, and after spending the first year of her life without a home, she is now loved and well taken care of! She's a lucky pooch and was rescued by great humans!