Monday, September 9, 2019

Mountains, and lakes, and rivers.....


Okay maybe not so much with the rivers, but mountains and lakes have definitely been occupying my time as of late! Mmmmmm! Between lounging on a beach in beautiful BC, and stretching my legs on scrumptious Rockies trails, it is good to be me!

Over the past decade, I've been to Skoki Lodge (near Lake Louise) a few times, but this most recent trip was probably the most memorable. The late August weather cooperated splendidly and made for more than friendly conditions, and my boots stomped over many kilometres of new (to me) terrain, which of course I always love!

Hidden Lake

Halfway Hut.... but not sure halfway to where??

Great view of Temple from Boulder Pass

On the way up Deception Pass




Skoki Lodge



Heading for the ridge waaayyy up the valley.....



Merlin Meadows

Castileja Lake

Merlin's Castle



Pano view of the Dragon's Drink


The Wall of Jericho towers over Merlin Lake

Don't miss the fork in the trail!

Heading towards the Skoki Lakes

Ptarmigan Peak reflects in Zigadenus Lake

Ptarmigan Peak


Skoki Peak, with Myosotis Lake in the foreground


On the way up Packer's Pass

Ptarmigan Lake and Mount Redoubt

I must admit however, that the food and lodging experience was not quite as I remembered. The Lake Louise area offers stunning hiking for sure, but dollar for dollar, after having visited Shadow Lake Lodge, I would make a return trek to stay at that backcountry haven before I would head into Skoki again. Sorry folks! It's nothing personal - just my opinion.

Shortly after the amazing mountain outside time, I headed even further west to enjoy an extra-long weekend at Cooke Cove. The weather ended up being a stellar repeat of the heat wave we experienced earlier in the summer, and the getaway was fabulous!








And with that, I feel like my summer is now officially over. The calendar has the first week of September scratched off already, and things are ramping up at work and winding down at play (temporarily!). I do look forward to the adventures of fall however, as I am signed up for two more stained glass artwork courses and hopefully will get in some sibling time with my Sista ❤. Could there be a Turkey Trot in my near future??!

Cheers!



 











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very new and beutiful pictures of scenery very few people ever see......looks like more than you can see in one trip....yes there could be a turkey available no matter what time you appear here,,,,just call ahead,,,we will leave a light on,,,,love ya lots dubnkster,,,,