Thursday, July 8, 2010

Change of plans...

Well, the Grotto scramble went out the window yesterday... oh well. Not like it's going anywhere!! Heh heh!!

I got up early as planned, but Todd wasn't feeling great when he first woke up... so we took it easy for a few hours in the morning and then headed out to stretch the legs with a quick jaunt up to West Wind Pass. The trail is short and steep and the views are awesome!


 


We met a few other people who were enjoying lunch at the pass, and I hung out and soaked up the sun and made new friends while Todd timed himself and ran to the top of Windtower. Crazy man!


 

But he was fast and I didn't wait long, and we were back at the car by mid-afternoon.

Now I'm at work for a set of weekend dayshifts, then off for two weeks of fun in the Rockies! Yeah! I can't wait!! I am very uninspired by my job at the moment, and it is a struggle to stay interested... hopefully some mountain time will leave me refreshed!

Cheers!


West Wind Pass
Time (car to car): 1-1/2 hrs
Distance: 4.5km
Elevation Gain: ~400m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONCE AGAIN ,, LOVELY PICTURES,,WHAT IS THIS ??,, 2 WEEKS IN THE CANADIAN ROCKIES ??,, NO PLANES GOING TO FAR OFF DESTINATIONS,,??,enjoy ,, dunkster,,,