Sunday, July 25, 2010

Nothing but sunshine at Sunshine!

Wow, what a weekend! My friends Iris and Holly came out to Canmore, and the three of us spent a fabulous Saturday ogling the exceptional scenery of Sunshine Meadows. I honestly can't remember ever being out there - winter or otherwise - when the sky stayed true blue the entire day! We didn't see a cloud!

 

Rock Isle, Laryx and Grizzly Lakes were gorgeous and many different wildflowers were in bloom along all the trails. The entire area was so alive with color!

 
 

And, as an added bonus, the beautiful, distinct, pyramidal peak of Mount Assiniboine was clearly visible beyond Quartz Ridge - stellar!


On the way home, we made a quick stop at Lake Minnewanka to check out Stewart Canyon... which brought our total kilometres hiked to FIFTEEN. Impressive! The girls did great and I hope they had an enjoyable time, because I sure did!

I must say that this set of two weeks off has been amazing! Now it's back to work... a necessary evil... oh well... twenty more sleeps and it will be playtime again!! Yeah!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More nice mountain scenery,, I saved some for possible back drops on my model RR,, thank you ,,work fast and time will go quickly till next adventure ,,,cheerio ,, dunkster,,,,