Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wine, wine, and more wine!!

Did I mention how much I'm loving Queenstown!! Wow!!

Today, we went on a wine tour through the Central Otago region. Being the non-connessieur that I am, I was more blown away by the beauty of the area than by the amazing wines I tasted! Hee hee! All of the grapes in this valley are hand-picked, and while there is not a huge amount of production, there are apparently some incredibly fine wines made here. It was such a fantastic day, and if you do happen to be interested, these are the wineries we stopped at: Peregrine, Carrick, Aurum, and Chard Farm.

Peregrine Winery



Carrick Winery




Old Cromwell


Chard Farm Winery



Mojito!
Tapas!
We got back to Queenstown in time to go for tapas and mojitos... mmmm!! Now I have to go find some goodies for my lunch tomorrow - I'm taking a trip out to Milford Sound, to enjoy more stunning South Island scenery!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

read your last 2 posts today ,wednesday,,,sounds like very freindly people and as always lovely pics of the wineries and the country side ,,looks like a nice place to retire and/or simply visit,,,,,,cheerio,,love you,,,dunkster,,,