Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mmmm, I love sweet potatoes!

And yet another stellar day was had in the Rockies!! Woot! On Monday, my friend Michael suggested we take a hike (LOL!) to an amazing lake along the Icefields Parkway, and today he had another kick-ass idea - we did the Yam Traverse! So fun!!

I put my rain jacket on at this point...
...and I left it on until we got to the summit! Of course it quit raining...

The weather started out a little 'iffy'... we got rained on and seriously windblown part way along the ascent. Until of course, I unloaded my pack, dug my rain jacket out of the very bottom, put it on, and sweltered in it! Within about 15 minutes, the squall blew over and we had sunshine and blue skies the rest of the day.


The crux.
The final ridge below the summit.
Ahhhhh! Napping on the summit of Mt Yamnuska... Life is good!
Traversing to the west.
Skiing the scree.... fastest 200m descent you'll ever make!!

I've done this cool little traverse once before... but it was well, well worth it to do it again. Especially with such great company! Fantastic way to spend a day! Yeah!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE WAY TO SPEND A WEDNESDAY,AND MORE DIFFERENT PICTURES,,,OFF TO MOOSE JAW IN THE MORNING,,CHEERIO FOR NOW LOVE YA LOTS ,,dunkster,,,