Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunshine, on my shoulders....

.... makes me sunburnt!!! But HAPPY! LOL!! Monday was a wickedly gorgeous day, and I spent it with two friends, on a seriously fun hike. There was a creek crossing, some bushwhacking, scrambling, and my personal favorite (NOT) - a scree slope. But the reward was soooooo worth the effort I can't even begin to describe it!

The starting point....

Valley view!

Creek crossing.... much easier at 10am than 3pm!!

Token scree slope.

Almost there!

Some of you back-country lovin' folk will be able to guess the vicinity of this paradise.... However, while the destination is on most maps, the "trail" is unmarked. And I've been sworn to secrecy by Michael so I'm not actually going to name the location. He's been there multiple times and has yet to see another person, and I agreed to try to keep it that way. Although, I honestly couldn't get you there, even if I tried... remember how I said bushwhacking was involved?? Hee hee! I was paying attention more to not slipping over the edge of an embankment as opposed to paying attention to where we were going!

Ta da!! Gorgeous beyond belief!
Now it's back to work for a day, then Wednesday I'm joining up with these same peeps for the Yamnuska Traverse. So looking forward to it!! Yaayyyyy for play time!! Can't get enough!

Cheers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN WELL WORTH THE LONG DRIVE TO GET THERE..THANKS AGAIN FOR COMING ON THE WEEK END TO VISIT,,CHEERIO FOR NOW ,,WE ARE TENTIVLY HEADING TO MOOSE JAW THURSDAY,,,LOVE YA ,,DUNKSTER,,,,