Friday, November 29, 2013

What's in a name?


This morning, I joined my Sister and several of her friends on a hike called Flat Iron. Oh, the irony! You see, there was not one flat spot on the trail I swear - except for at the very end of course.

We rolled up to the trailhead for this beautiful desert grind by around 6:30am.... just in time to miss out on all of the hoards of crazy 'Black Friday' shoppers lined up for the post-Thanksgiving Day sales! It was a thousand times more pleasant to be outside, guaranteed.


Early morning in the desert.


Making our way to the peak in the background.


I'm always a little off track it seems....



 

 
The jump looks a little lame, but I actually think
it was the photographer....

 
 
 
 
 
The hike was so incredibly pretty and it felt good to keep the legs in motion after yesterday's run!
 
Tomorrow: More of the same I believe - possibly even another (GASP!) run for me... It will just be a leisurely jog I've been told, not a race or anything. So we'll see.
 
 
Cheers!
 
 
Flat Iron - Lost Dutchman State Park, AZ
Distance: ~6 miles (almost 10km)
Elevation gain: ~2800 feet (850m)
Time (car to car): 4-3/4 hours
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I see you got your signatures pics,,jump,,feet and top of the world,,as well as you and you great sister,,,she is quite the tour guide !!,, looked like a lovely day,cheerio for now love ya all,,dunkster,,,