Monday, June 11, 2018

Here comes the rain again!


This past weekend I was joined in Canmore by my bestie Toni, and we enjoyed Saturday exploring some mellow new terrain. I've hiked Heart Mountain a few times and have climbed a handful of routes at Heart Creek, however I've never actually made it all the way back to Heart Falls - what a sweet walk!

Toni hates this pic... but it's the only one
 I have of her not flipping me the bird!

Destruction from the flooding
in 2013 is very evident.




Where is a picture of the falls, you ask? Unfortunately they are tucked away in a slot canyon that shields them from view. You can hear them, but it would have required me getting a little more wet than I was willing in order to snap a photo. I did try to get as close as possible though!


Can you see me in my invisible hiker clothing!
Thanks for the pics Toni!

We also took a spin through Bow Valley Provincial Park, which has an awesome little campground and some lovely hiking and biking trails.

Great vista from the Many Springs loop trail!


The Yam, as seen from Bow Valley Provincial Park.

Unique tree formation!

Yamnuska and the Bow River

We rounded out the day with a soak in the hot tub, where we met a friendly crew of 5 Peaks participants from Saskatchewan. Congrats to 'White Chocolate', who fared exceptionally well in the race, and to all of his counterparts who also finished the event! It was fun to visit with you guys and gals - I hope you enjoyed Canmore, and safe travels back to P.A.! Oh, and in case you are reading this, here is what you missed..... LOL.....


The rain returned with a chilly vengeance on Sunday, so it turned into an inside day. But the landscape seems to be soaking up the moisture and it is definitely nice to see green, green, green! Here's hoping the mountain precipitation tapers off to at worst a dull mist by Friday, as I tentatively have some bicycling plans. Looking forward to pedaling the Legacy Trail with Lorelee!


Cheers!





No comments: