Monday, May 18, 2020

Operation Inspiration


A wave of emotion flooded over me when I read the news about the tragic Snowbirds accident in Kamloops on Sunday, and I couldn't hold back the tears when the CFSnowbirds Instagram account confirmed that a fatality had resulted from the crash. Just 24 hours prior, the Snowbirds did a fly-by over Red Deer as part of their Operation Inspiration cross-Canada tour.... what an incredible treat! I couldn't believe my luck that on such a beautiful day I was witness to such a beautiful sight.

I am so sad for Captain Jennifer Casey's loved ones - may she rest in peace - and I wish a speedy recovery to Captain Richard MacDougall. Sincerest condolences to the entire Snowbirds squadron as well. Thank you, all of you, for your salute to the front-line health care workers, first responders, and essential workers during the COVID-19 crisis. What a devastating end to such a lovely tribute. 💔


On a lighter note, the May long weekend consisted of a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Walks, a Harley ride, yard games, sitting around the fire, and visiting with the cutest baby on the planet, were a few of the things that kept me entertained.

 
Friendly game of bocce ball - I am playing RED!!

Sweetest l'il dude ever!


And, my obsession with clouds continues....

Do these not look like jellyfish??!


Now that the snow has melted and we've had a taste of summer-ish weather, I am dreaming of the mountains and of heading to Canmore soon. Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Cheers.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you always provide great pictures no matter where you are,,!!,love ya lots ,,,dunkster,,,,