Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Climbing season is here!

There is still a ton of snow at elevation around the Canmore area, but things are starting to look up, weather wise.

 
Today we hung out at Grassi Lakes, enjoying the sunshine and the nice warm limestone. Todd and his buddies climbed and I belayed and took some pics - my gawd I could just gaze at those gorgeous pools for hours, as the colors are amazing!



At the end of the day, I realized that it was actually the first time I've ever hiked from the bottom right to the top of the canyon - we always go partway up (or down) and then return to our car the same way. It was great!



Tomorrow I'm driving to Medicine Hat to visit with my parents, and hopefully I'll get to see a few old friends while I'm there also. I'm looking forward to it!

Then it's back to work for a couple of weeks before we leave for Maui. Did I mention that I'm soooo excited about the trip?? Yaaayyyyy for vacation!!!

Cheers!


Grassi Lakes Trail ('More Difficult' option)
Time (car to car): 1 hour (bottom to top only, not return)
Distance: ~2.5km (bottom to top only, not return)
Elevation Gain: 250m

No comments: