Monday, May 17, 2010

More surprises!

Twice now in as many days, I've been completely blown away by the beautiful Alberta landscape which I never knew existed! I visited my parents in Medicine Hat over the weekend, and I dragged them around the countryside, checking out some cool spots mentioned in the 'Explore Southern Alberta' guidebook. On my way home to Red Deer yesterday, I decided to stop at yet another locale which is noted in the book - Dinosaur Provincial Park. HOLY... MOLY...!!! I had no idea what a phenomenal place it is!


I thought I'd maybe make a quick stop at a general viewpoint or something, and take a few pics... Until I got there... and OMG!!! There was no way I couldn't take a closer look. So, 2-1/2 hours and about 6km of hiking trails later, I left the park just flabbergasted by its beauty.



 

I definitely need to go back! The history is amazing and the landscape is so unusual and so unexpected. My friend Jody would have a hay-day with her camera - the shapes and patterns are stellar!




If you are ever in the vicinity (Brooks, AB), I would highly recommend making a trip to the park. It is well worth it!

An added bonus to my day: I stopped in at Todd's parents in Bassano... and had a delicious supper with them! It was a short visit but it was nice to see them. Now it's back to work for a couple of weeks, then we fly to Maui for some surf and sun! Yeah! Life is good!

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NICE GROUP OF PICTURES,,THAT ARE PART OF A LARGE AVAILABILITY OF PICTURES AND INFORMATION ON THIS SPECTACULAR AREA OF ALBERTA BADLANDS,,,,,, DUNKSTER ,,,,,,,,