Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let it snow!

Quick... can you tell me what is in this picture???


Don't worry... I had to do a double-take this morning also, when I looked out the window... Those are our vehicles, folks. Yep, Old Man Winter came back with a vengeance. Hard to believe it's the fourth of May! The neighbor's poor little playset is looking pretty dejected too.


Oh well. Only thirty or so more sleeps, and we're off to Hawaii! Yeah! Unfortunately, our June Caribbean sailing plans had to be postponed; a minimal selection of boats at that time of year meant that it would be slightly more costly than we had planned for just the two of us to sail. We couldn't find anyone else to join us in St Vincent, so we decided to take a trip to what is considered by some to be the birthplace of surfing/kitesurfing... Maui! I'm super excited! Todd is really looking forward to it - June is supposed to be one of the windiest months - and I can hardly wait to check out the beautiful island and its snorkelling and hiking, etc.
In the meantime, we are going to spend a few days in Canmore, and then I'm heading to Medicine Hat to see the parents before I go back to work on the 17th. Snow or sun, it should be a great couple of weeks off!
Cheers!

No comments: