Friday, April 24, 2015

Maui.... Revealed....


Oy, yes I know, that is an unoriginal title.... it is actually the name of the best Maui guidebook EVER, just in case you're wondering. Which we took with us again today, on our drive around the east side of the island.

In my somewhat lazy fashion (I am on holidays you know!), I'm not going to type much.... Instead, I will let the pictures tell the story of our day.




Black Sand Beach at Hana..... Gnarly!


Fun in the lava tubes.


The trail to Red Sand Beach.... choices, choices!



One of my favorite places on the whole island, I swear!

Red Sand Beach at Hana.

We are such rebels - we took the
upper trail to get to Red Sand Beach.

Mmmmmm, beer! At the halfway point of the drive. Very refreshing!

Beyond Hana....



Glad we weren't in this bus.... the driver was ka-razy!!



The drive was long, but definitely worth it! I've done it three times now, and each time I marvel at the unbelievable variety in landscape. Love it!

We decided that after nine hours in a vehicle, tomorrow will be a total beach day. I am so looking forward to it! I really need to even out my tan..... LOL!

Hope all is well across the Pacific!

Cheers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see why you like this area sure is beautiful and different ,very nice pics ,,enjoy the balance of you stay,,love ya lots ,dunkster,,,,