Monday, August 20, 2018

Another Month Gone By....


Another month has gone by, and what have I been doing, you ask? Well, a little of this, a little of that.... I've had a decent balance between work and play actually, and the fun is set to continue!

My uber-cool inflatable NoSnow stand-up paddleboard was put to good use - thanks to my Sista, who shipped it to me! I spent some time with friends in beautiful BC, where I SUP'd in warm clear waters and hiked in the lovely lush rainforest to a remote lake.








Hidden gem! A bit of a muck-fest and bush-whack to get to it however.




I also did a third via ferrata route at Mount Norquay, called the Skyline. It is a bit longer than the Ridgewalker but not quite as gnarly as the Summiteer (which is still my favorite!). With all of the forest fire smoke blanketing the Bow Valley, the views were almost nil but it made for quite a surreal experience.







Not much of a vista due to all the smoke, but still a super duper day!

Up next: a K-country hiking day with my Canmore girls, followed by a Bugaboo Lodge heli-hiking trip, then a bike/hike long weekend at Shadow Lake Lodge, and an Alpine Club hut trip at Rogers Pass. And that is just September! I can't wait!

Did I mention that I'm determined NOT to carry over any vacation into next year!? LOL!

Cheers!








No comments: